Re: [MacPerl] Docs on extensions to MacPerl....

Peter Speck <speck@ruc.dk> writes:
>I've searched the FAQs and all of the web pages for MacPerl I can find, but
>I can't find any specification on the details of creating extensions to
>MacPerl.
>
>I've only read that I can make HyperCard XCMDs, but how much of the
>HyperCmd interface that is implemented, and e.g. how to return an array, I
>just don't know.

You can't return an array. XFCN's return a string only.

>>From reading the source (Mac_Perl_506r1m_src.sit, DynaLoader, dl_mac.xs) it
>seems like I'm able to make a normal PowerPC shared library  which then can
>be bootstrap'ed much like if I'm writing an extension to perl under unix.

Yes, this works. It will take some experimentation for you, although I
believe the 5.1.0 source distribution is a bit friendlier than previous
ones.

In your concrete situation, Jon Stevens' suggestion might be the preferrable
akternative, though.

Matthias

-----
    "They like to take all this money from sin // Build big universities to
     study in // Sing Amazing Grace all the way to the Swiss banks."
                              -- Bob Dylan, _Foot of Pride_