Re: [MacPerl] Docs on extensions to MacPerl....

Peter Speck <speck@ruc.dk> writes:
>>>seems like I'm able to make a normal PowerPC shared library  which then can
>>>be bootstrap'ed much like if I'm writing an extension to perl under unix.
>>Yes, this works. It will take some experimentation for you, although I
>>believe the 5.1.0 source distribution is a bit friendlier than previous
>>ones.
>
>Could you give me some hints of what will need some experiments?

Well, if I could, they wouldn't be experiments anymore, would they? :-)
Seriously, though, the challenge is getting the source distribution set up
and getting all the components (MacPerl source, dmake, and so on).

>'ve not
>written extensions (xs) for Perl, so I'm interested in what will differ
>from doing it by the book (e.g. what differs from doing a shared lib under
>Solaris 2).

Not much, I suppose. The GD extension, for instance, builds pretty much out of
the box. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask.

Matthias

-----
 "Neeracher can and no doubt will perform the usual cheerleader duties."
              -- ataylor@nmsu.edu in <ATAYLOR.92Dec8135851@gauss.nmsu.edu>