[MacPerl] Looking for Low level non-HFS XCMD/XFCN's

Hi:

I'm looking for some XCMDS/XFCN's to use in a script that rebuilds HFS
directories.  All I've been able to find so far are, FS series
(FSOpen, FSRead, FSWrite, etc.) from Lawrence D'Oliveiro's
FileRsrcMisc package.

I don't think these would be useful in a situation where HFS is
absent, or where the file system is damaged.

What I'm looking to do is to read/write individual sectors on a SCSI
device.  Any help in directing me to my options for for 68K machines
is appreciated.

Thanks.

Istvan.

P.S.  I hope I'm not reinventing the wheel?  Are there any scripts
that already allow for this??  (SCSI-disk access.)