Re: [MacPerl] Quedd or BBEdit

igerard@ina.fr (Gerard Iglesias) writes:
>What do you think about BBEdit and Qued/M ?

Basically, I do not think that text editor discussions (which have a
tendency to be long and boring) belong on this mailing list at all.
Thus, I'd like to ask participants to make their statements relevant
by stating how their favorite editor is the best for working with MacPerl.

Currently, I think an argument in this direction could be made for
three editors:

 - MPW, which thanks to its tool interface is superb for executing perl
   scripts (though unfortunately it is somewhat less suited for using
   perl to do user interface related text tasks, since there is only a
   limited non-Shell language interface to the UI). Newer versions also
   support keyword highlighting.
 - BBEdit, which supports keyword highlighting and script execution in
   various forms.
 - Alpha, which also supports keyword highlighting and script execution,
   though in a somewhat different way. I don't remember precisely, but
   Alpha might even support debugging of Perl scripts.

Matthias

-----
 `We say "gestalt" when things combine to act in ways we can't explain'
                             -- Marvin Minsky, _The Society Of Mind_