Re: [MacPerl] CGI.pm and MacPerl

At 23:49 12/5/96, Keith D. Fetterman wrote:
>I noticed that each time the script starts up, there is a significant delay
>before the values are printed to stdout.
>
>Is this delay due to the overhead of processing the CGI.pm package?  Is
>this overhead specific to MacPerl or does UNIX versions of Perl also
>experience this overhead?

>#!/usr/local/bin/perl5 -w
>
>use strict;
>
>use CGI;
>
>my $query = new CGI("name=Johnny&address=street+city+state+zip");
>
>my @params = $query->param();
>

>my $i;
>my $value;
>
>foreach $i (@params) {
>    $value = $query->param($i);
>        print $i, "= '", $value, "'\n";
>}

You can reduce overhead by asking for only the parts you need from CGI.pm.
For example, you could get away with this for this particular script:

        use CGI qw(param);

and ONLY "param" would be processed and imported into your namespace.  For
THIS script, that would work.  I have a redirect script which uses only
three parts of CGI.pm:

        use CGI qw(param redirect header);

Good luck,

perl -e 'srand();if(rand>.5){$i=0;foreach(@ARGV){@$i=split(//);$z
[$i]=0;foreach(@$i){$s[$i][$z[$i]]=$_;$z[$i]++;}$i++;}foreach(@s)
{foreach(@$_) {print}print" ";$_++}}else{print(join(" ", @ARGV))}
print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                              http://pudge.net/