Re: [MacPerl] unmounting from macperl

Then oszarazi@cuug.ab.ca wrote:
>Isn't "AppleScript" an incredibly large Security Hole??
>The idea of integrating anything in that way seems to be seriously
>contrary to all models of the Internet.

Huh? I think I don't quite understand to what you are refering. AppleScript
is built in to the MacOS System 7.5. There are a few situations in which
you can control another Mac *on your local network* with AppleScript. And
even for that, the other user must set her permissions to allow this. But
AppleScript is a marvelous and robust scripting language for driving
applications (including the Finder) on your own desktop. Matthias is
working to incorporate AppleScript into MacPerl for that reason.

   *JavaScript*...now that might be a security risk, but I think the people
at Sun (and Netscape) are trying to eliminate those features as rapidly as
possible.

   Cheers,
   Clint

--