Re: [MacPerl] Re: Q: MacPerl 510r2 timelocal bug?

At 3:26 pm +0100 12.12.96, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>Jeroen Scheerder <js@xs4all.nl> writes:
>>I reported before timelocal appears to be broken.  I have worked around
>>it, but I did isolate the problem, I think.
>
>Currently there are two sources of timelocal related bugs:
>
> - The macintosh has a different epoch, and I might not have corrected all
>   places in the libraries where assumptions about the epoch were made. These
>   bugs are mine to correct.
> - Integer arithmetic in Perl5.002 is buggy. These bugs will go away when I
>   can upgrade to 5.004

For what it's worth, my own experience has been that if you do:

        require 'timelocal.pl';

'timelocal' will always return -1, no matter what you feed it, whereas:

        use Time::Local;

seems to get a version of 'timelocal' that works OK.

                 angus@pobox.com         http://pobox.com/~angus

  "I am here by the will of the people ... and I           "Metrophage"
   will not leave until I get my raincoat back."          Richard Kadrey