[MacPerl] TPJ

I sent a letter to The Perl Journal regarding a script that printed out
"The Perl Journal" on UNIX versions of Perl, but on MacPerl printed "Fre
MacPerl Joirnal".

I wrote:

>Interesting ... because a Mac's epoch starts differently, Gisle's code
>won't work in MacPerl the same way:
>
>"Fre MacPerl Joirnal"
>
>Does this mean if we use MacPerl we can get TPJ for free, or what?

The letter was printed in this quarter's journal, along with a reply:

>You're correct that there's a hidden meaning, but your interpretation is
>a little off.  "Fre" is used here as a verb; the expression is simply a
>muddled plea by MacOS to be freed from a revisionist historical calendar
>in which the beginning of recorded time occurs during the Nixon
>administration.

Hmmmmm ... is that a slam against our platform?  :)

perl -e 'srand();if(rand>.5){$i=0;foreach(@ARGV){@$i=split(//);$z
[$i]=0;foreach(@$i){$s[$i][$z[$i]]=$_;$z[$i]++;}$i++;}foreach(@s)
{foreach(@$_) {print}print" ";$_++}}else{print(join(" ", @ARGV))}
print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                              http://pudge.net/