Re: [MacPerl] Got diff.pl?

At 7:26 pm -0500 12/19/96, ??? wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Greg Branche wrote:
>
>> At 16:22 12/18/96, RxE6%AsiEss%CTS@go50.comp.pge.com wrote:
>> >I've searched CPAN and the archive does not seem to be at
>> >www.its.unimelb.edu.au, so this long-time lurker (2+ years)
>> >asks if anyone knows of a macperl (or other mac) implementation
>> >of the beloved diff command.  I need to operate on the differences
>> >between two text files.
>>
>> I thought I saw a diff archive in the switch site at one point in time. If
>> that doesn't work, MPW has a Compare command that does basically the same
>> thing.
>
>The MPW Development System (last I checked) needs a 68020 or better
>and System 7 or A/UX 3.0 or later.  MacPerl (at least some releases of
>it) seems to not suffer from those same constraints.
>
>Does everyone on this list have MPW?  (I feel like odd man out, if
>everybody answers yes.)  Writing up a diff though in perl shouldn't be
>too difficult and is a great exercise.
>
>All it is, is simple string comparison.
>

>Istvan.

Have a look at:
  http://www.perl.com/perl/CPAN/scripts/text-processing/cdif
and
  http://www.perl.com/perl/CPAN/scripts/text-processing/sdif
to get you started.

Doug

    ____/  _   /  /  J. Douglas Dunlop                  <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
   /      /   /  /                                    Earth Observations Lab
   _/    /   /  /                Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science
 /      /   /  /                                    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
____/ _____/ _____/  W:416-665-5411                      North York, Ontario
                     H:519-747-1710                          CANADA, M3J-3K1
                     F:416-665-2032
                          http://www.eol.ists.ca/