Re: [MacPerl] Library does not return true

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:

> Spcalia@aol.com writes:
> >I have 1; at the end of my library, but I keep getting that the librarty
> >doesn't return true. What else might cause this?

I'm having a similar type of problem--but different.  I'm writing up
some wrappers (or attempting to) to use some of Lawrence D'Oliveiro's
File XFCN's.

; package FileXFCN;
; &MacPerl'LoadExternals("File.XFCN");
; package main;
;
; print &FileXFCN'GetVolInfo(-2);

Now this is fine as far as it goes, and works OK if there aren't any
errors.  But if there are errors (as an example an nsvErr, if there
isn't a -2 VRefNum) it returns -35, which probably isn't what is
wanted.

How do I check for this return code, when it's coming from an OSERR,
(so that it's not returned after being called)??  Basically, I'm
thinking that somehow I should know whether or not a routine is coming
back with OSERR 0 in the subroutine before it comes back to main.

I've been thinking about this, and don't really know what's possible.

Istvan