Re: [MacPerl] Command (clover) symbol

Angus McIntyre <angus@pobox.com> writes:
>At 6:38 pm +0100 05.01.97, Dan Griffin wrote:
>>Has anyone else noticed that when after installing v5.1.0r2, the
>>command (clover) key shown on the menu keyboard shortcuts are incorrect
>>(as are the shift symbols) ... What I get is the 'missing symbol' box (a
>>little empty box) for each symbol ... Any ideas?

There are two problems in this area that I'm aware of. One is the switching
problem described by Angus. The other is that BigMacPerl hd some other problem
and tends to display this behaviour under different circumstances.

>If this is the problem I'm thinking of, it comes and goes. You should find
>that your menu symbols will mysteriously reappear (and may then go away
>again later).
>
>I've noticed this problem when switching between different applications
>that use the Mercutio MDEF. The special symbols you refer to are drawn by
>Mercutio, and sometimes it seems as if switching between two applications
>which both use Mercutio can cause it to become confused.

MacPerl 5.1.1 uses a new version of Mercutio. I'd be interested to hear if this
still happens.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_