Re: [MacPerl] New MacOS

At 5:56 PM -0500 on 1/6/97, Chris Nandor wrote:

}Matthias (et al):
}
}What exactly are the issues involved in a new MacOS on the NeXT framework
}in regards to MacPerl?

Gil Amelio's talk about the OS plans is tomorrow, so I suggest you check in
at one of the on-line news sites (for example, http://www.news.com or
http://www.maccentral.com/) for more details tomorrow.  Even then, you may
not know.  Apple itself is probably scrambling to figure it out. What we
know already is that the new OS won't even support MacOS apps when it's
first released.  What gets put in after that is anyone's guess, and
probably will depend in some way on the reception the Mac/NeXT OS gets.
I'm sure the computer press ("Computing is what Bill Gates tells us it is.
After all, didn't he invent computers and the Internet?") will be full of
details.  Presented with maximal anti-Apple spin, of course.

}
}Now, I am going to assume that a 7.5 virtual machine will run on the new
}OS.  But AppleEvents, Gestalt, Resources, is that all gone and dead?
}
}#========================================================================
}I replaced the headlights in my car with strobe lights, so it looks
}like I'm the only one moving.
}
}        --Steven Wright
}