[MacPerl] ANNOUNCE: MacPGP.pm 1.0b2 Released

To MacPGP.pm beta testers:

NOTES:
*MacPGP 2.6.3 is REQUIRED!  See the pod documentation for more info.
*MacPerl 5.1.1 (just released in January 1997) is REQUIRED for fixed
    AppleEvents library.
*You might have to give MacPerl an extra meg of memory, I've had  some
    problems with it quitting out on me.

This is BETA software.  No warranties are expressed or implied.

It's finally ready for you all to test out.  To install it, just drop
the file MacPGP.pm in the directory lib:Mac:Apps (this has
changed from the previous release).  Carefully look over the pod
documentation that is included in the MacPGP.pm file.  You can view it
with Shuck (which accompanies MacPerl 5.1.1) or with the pod2x
translators in the MacPerl pod directory.

There are quite a few changes from the previous release, most notable
in the interface are the name of the module and the four new methods
(switchapp, getresults, getresultsall, quitpgp).  See the embedded pod
for more information.

I included these files:

extractkey.pl           --  test
MacPGP.AE.frontier.txt  --  AppleEvents docs
macpgp.pl               --  test script
MacPGP.pm               --  module
Macpgp.pm.asc           --  signature file for module
pgptest.txt             --  text for test script
README                  --  this file

Once you put MacPGP.pm in Mac:Apps, you can run pgptest.txt with
macpgp.pl.  I prefer using the "Perl Filters" BBEdit extension; you can
just drop the macperl.pl file in your Perl Filters directory, open
pgptest.txt, and run the macperl.pl script as a filter on the txt file.
The BBEdit/MacPerl extensions can be obtained at:

    http://members.aol.com/bradh5/bbedit_extensions.html

This is how the script works (though to really test the module, you
should write your own scripts and implementations):

The script looks at the first line of the file.  If it is "-----BEGIN
PGP MESSAGE-----" then it sends it to be decrypted.  Otherwise, it
tries to see if there is delimited text in the form |x|pass|recv|.

x is either e(ncrypt), d(ecrypt), or s(ign).  pass is your password.
recv is a space-delimited list of recipients.  If you do not specify a
recipient, then the script brings up a window of all available keys in
your public keyring and you get to pick one (for testing purposes, I
always pick myself!).

extractkey.pl is a script that simply grabs my public key and tosses it
in the clipboard.

MacPGP.AE.frontier.txt is an export of AppleEvent info I was able to
cull using Frontier.

Here are all of the methods.  Check the pod documentation for more info.

    use Mac::Apps::MacPGP;
    $macpgp = new MacPGP;
    $macpgp->encrypt();
    $macpgp->decrypt();
    $macpgp->sign();
    $macpgp->asciify();
    $macpgp->execute();
    $macpgp->keyring();
    $macpgp->generate();
    $macpgp->extract();
    $macpgp->logfile();
    $macpgp->window();
    $macpgp->clip2file();
    $macpgp->file2clip();
    $macpgp->checksignresult();
    $macpgp->getlasterror();
    $macpgp->getversion();
    $macpgp->switchapp();
    $macpgp->getresults();
    $macpgp->getresultsall();
    $macpgp->quitpgp();

Oh, and here is the location to get the files:

    http://pudge.net/macpgp/

        or

    http://perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/CNANDOR/

The file is a binhexed, stuffed file.  After you use Stuffit Expander
or a similar program to get at the archive, you can use the file
Macpgp.pm.asc to determine whether or not the file came from me.

First you have to have my key in your public keyring (it is included
directly below).  Then decrypt the file Macpgp.pm.asc with MacPGP.
MacPGP will confirm that it is my singature to the file MacPGP.pm.

I think that is about it.  Let me know how things work out, and any
bugs, typos, suggestions, or anything else.

perl -e 'srand();if(rand>.5){$i=0;foreach(@ARGV){@$i=split(//);$z
[$i]=0;foreach(@$i){$s[$i][$z[$i]]=$_;$z[$i]++;}$i++;}foreach(@s)
{foreach(@$_) {print}print" ";$_++}}else{print(join(" ", @ARGV))}
print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                              http://pudge.net/