Re: [MacPerl] Rx for hanging CGI scripts (Re: Banished server)

I received this message from Chris Nandor:

## OK - we know we are doing something wrong! My macperl apps don't shut
## down automatically after 5 minutes! And my server admin is in a tizzy.

#This seems to be a problem when one .acgi tries to exectute when MacPerl
#is busy with another one.  Some web servers treat all CGIs as .acgi, and
#some will only do that if you name them .acgi instead of .cgi.
#Regardless, if you have this problem, you should try to get them to NOT
#execute asynchronously until the problem is fixed.

Edouard,
	Does this make sense to you - in light of your message. As I had asked you
(and him), will it make a difference is I rename my cgis to *.pl? If not,
how can I tell Mac to differentiate?
	Ca a du bon sens? J'avais remarquˇ une aure icone lorsque mes scripts
ˇtaient en marche!?
John

John Taylor-Johnston

Conseiller pˇdagogique en informatique / Educational Technology Curriculum
Advisor
English Language Summer School
Facultˇ des lettres et sciences humaines
Universitˇ de Sherbrooke
2500, boulevard Universitˇ
Sherbrooke (Quˇbec) J1K 2R1

1-800-667-0904 (Quˇbec Only)