Re: [MacPerl] Apple Event Sample Code

At 16:15 2/1/97, Kevin Lindsey wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been trying to better understand the mechanics of Apple Events.  I
>was wondering if anyone has some sample code that they would be willing to
>share.  I've looked on all of the MacPerl ftp sites that I can find, and so
>far I've come up empty handed.

In addition to Matthias' Cookbook, which is very helpful, you can look at
my MacPGP.pm, available on CPAN in /authors/Chris_Nandor/ and
/modules/by-module/Mac/.  I did a lot of work with AppleEvents in there
(using Matthias' work in large part as a basis).  Note especially the
subroutines _MpgpAe* and _MpgpB*.  Those do most of the AE processing.

Of course, it would help if you had/used MacPGP 2.6.3, but that is not
necessary to get the gist of what's going on.

>Also, is there any way to get the documentation of AEGizmos?  I guess you
>have to be an Apple Developer to have access to pull it off of Apple's ftp
>sites.

ftp://ftpdev.info.apple.com/Developer_Services/Tool_Chest/Interapplication_C
ommunication/AE_Tools_/AEGizmos_1.4.1/

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6