[MacPerl] Recently Answered %ENV problem

I remember reading recently that someone was having problems
with ENV values not be accessable.
It went something like, accessing the ENV values as an Array
 like:   foreach $parm (sort keys %ENV) {
             print ($parm, " = ", $ENV{$parm});
         }

yielded no output.

but if the values are accessed directly like:
     print $ENV{'REMOTE_HOST'};
the value would appear and also would make the referenced value
appear in the %ENV array.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
What was the resolution?

I am having the same problem with a script that was working
but now suffers from the hidden %ENV problem.

Using 5.1.3r2 on PPC.

I tried the mailing list archive but it does not appear to be
up-to-date with recent posts and as I recall, it was a fairly
recent posting.

Later,
Scott Weaver
sweaver@bluenova.com