[MacPerl] Newbie Question

I am totally brand new to Perl and cgi scripting.  I am trying to learn by
example and just by hacking other peoples scripts.  I downloaded some
scripts that I know were meant for a Unix server.  I'm using WebStar and
I've almost got them to work.  The basic script is a BBS with messages and
so forth.  The problem I have is when it tries to document each session it
won't put the file in the correct place.  The code to designate the folder
and file is:

$auth_session_dir = "Sessions";

Is there specific way to move in and out of folders on the Mac? Is it just
like unix with "/root/users/bob/file.dat" or is it something different?  I
know that the Mac uses a "root:users:bob:file.dat" setup when displaying a
location.  Is this what I need in the script?

Thanks,

Bob

120 Stuart Hall
http://www.personal.psu.edu/rfm127