[MacPerl] Is this a bug? Thanks for the help

Yesterday, I wrote that I was having trouble with:

>Here's a short script (saved in file t.pl):
>
>#! perl -w
>        print <<HELLO;
>        hi
>        HELLO

Several of you pointed out that leading whitespace was the culprit.  This
whitespace is tabs automatically inserted by Alpha in Perl mode, so I
didn't give it a second thought.

Many thanks for the help.  I thought I should point out that "helpful"
editors (and Alpha is certainly that) may introduce characters without
benefit of keystrokes by the author.  Beware.

Bob Pyle, Cambridge, MA, USA