Re: [MacPerl] Shuck, AS, Perl, whatever, Pt 3.

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Zalman Stern wrote:

> The phrase "shucking peas" is certainly used for describing the act of
> removing peas from a pod as well as for removing husks from fresh corn.
> "Husking corn" is also perhaps slightly more likely to be used than
> "shucking corn." (Which will cause American college football fans to think
> of Nebraska...)

It's strange to hear those types of Americanism's, like "shucking peas".
But having said that, I am interested in this!!  ;-)

It seems odd for a Swiss national (I'm assuming here ... that Matthias
is exactly that) to choose such an interesting name for his program.
And I for one LIKE to see and hear about that -- the different type of
process that goes into things like this ... into naming conventions.

It gives insight.

So often, we don't get to understand much about a person's *core*
personality (other than their coding style, speech and thought
patterns (expressed through their linguistics), and that understanding
is part of what makes this list so very valuable.

It's sort of like looking at Russian code (if anyone has done that).

Even though the language is familiar, the style betrays itself as
being something other than what it represents itself as.

Three cheers for Internationalism??

--

  Istvan   <oszarazi@cuug.ab.ca>