Re: [MacPerl] Perl Sockets on the Mac - Once Step Furthur (fwd)

At 10.57 97/3/4, Mark Manning/Metrica wrote:
>According to Chipper C. Cuntz:
>>
>> If I submit a URL via the browser to the respective cgi the browser then
>> presents the user with a window asking for User/Pass.
>>
>> Goal:
>>
>> What I would like to do is simulate this entry of User/Pass with a
>> (hopefully minor) change to the code snippet to get URLs.  This would
>> enable a download of the file I am after.  What are the mechanics of this?
>> Can this be done via MacPerl?

I would recommend using url_get or LWP, both available on CPAN.  LWP is
widely used, and I have only used it a little bit; however, I am pretty
darn sure it has this capability.  Paul Schinder has a port of it
available, I believe.  I use url_get quite a bit on my Mac and on UNIX.  It
has a built-in facility for authentication.

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6