[MacPerl] zlib compression module

Has anyone ported the zlib compression routines to MacPerl? If you are
wondering what they are, see

http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/

I need to decompress "FlateEncode" objects within pdf files. After some
research I learned that they are compressed with the zlib routines. A Perl
module has been developed for Unix and Windows

ftp://ftp.cis.ufl.edu/pub/perl/CPAN/modules/by-module/Compress/

Getting this to work on the Mac is beyond my ability, so I was hoping that
someone more capable had already done it.

William B. Birkett
Precision Color, Inc.
9200 General Drive
Plymouth, MI 48170