[MacPerl] ACGI Script Problems With WebSTAR

I wrote a simple mailer script which responds to webforms input. I want to
run the script as an ACGI so that the webserver doesn't hang up waiting for
the SMTP transactions required to send out the mail. Problem is that the
http glue seems to send the cgi response to WebSTAR twice. The symptom on
the user's screen is that the second http header is displayed at the top of
the browser window. Very ugly.

Attached text is the debug listing that one gets when using the command-L
feature of the MacPerl script. It shows the apple events interaction from
the perl glue perspective.

I rearranged my code to send the cgi response out in a single print. So the
straightline script ends as just:

	open(CGI,'>-');
	print CGI $longString;
	close(CGI);
	exit;

Otherwise it seems to work fine.

Any ideas on how to get the acgi and WebSTAR to understand each other better.

Thanks,
Marty

Attachment converted: catnip:MPCGI Log (TEXT/McPL) (00006033)
marty crouch | http://martycrouch.com | 503.335.3442
 World-Wide Life-Long-Learning | http://weboncall.net