Re: [MacPerl] Anarchie.pm

At 18.30 97/3/17, Igor S. Livshits wrote:
>At 3:24 PM -0600 on 3/17/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>I've decided to button down and write Anarchie.pm (unless someone else has
>>already started work on it).  Let me know ASAP if someone is doing it, so I
>>don't waste my time ... :-)
>
>Hmm,
>
>Why not just write a direct FTP module or borrow one from libnet-1.05?

Because this allows for combining MacPerl interactivity with user
direction.  For instance, maybe I want to do a search for a file that will
be started from a script, then browse through the Anarchie window.  Or
maybe I want to upload a directory of files automatically, and then upload
or download a few manually.  There are any of a number of possibilities.
Imagine them yourself.  I would prefer in many cases to have one FTP client
for everything and leave it open.  This just makes it simpler and easier
(once the module is written).

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6