Re: [MacPerl] Anarchie.pm

At 22.21 97/3/17, Steve Johnson wrote:
>just out of curiousity, what made you decide that Anarchie was the best
>solution?  i guess i don't understand what you mean by "upload a directory
>of files" because i do that all the time with Fetch.  you just open up a
>connection and drag the folder onto the window and it uploads all the
>files, creates new directories if necessary, etc.

I am sure it could do that; though in my attempts to do it with
AppleEvents, I was unsuccessful.  If it can do it with AppleEvents, I do
not know how.

>obMacPerl - in any event, why not write ftpClient.pm instead.  you could
>follow Frontier's example (which was very clever imho): if Fetch is
>running, use Fetch.  if Anarchie is running, use it.  if neither is running
>use whatever you picked in InternetConfig.  if the computer isn't running
>IC then use some sort of manual preference (like
>$ftpClient->select(Fetch);).  are those kinds of things even possible with
>MacPerl?  if so, it should make the project a lot more fun to write, plus
>i'd even use it.  :-)  (i paid the $25 shareware fee for Fetch so i intend
>to get my money's worth darnit.)

I'd have to look at each program's AE suite.  I suspect they would be
different, but maybe not.  I'll do some research, that does sound like an
interesting idea.  If anyone else has any knowledge regarding this, I'd
like to hear it.

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6