Re: [MacPerl] Great Rates: SPAM, Complain to ms.uu.net

I'm afraid the spammer from three weeks ago has returned - same dialup, same
mailer, different message, different address.

We're working on getting a new version of majordomo installed, which will allow
me to do filtering, which should at least eliminate this particular spam
program. The filtering, I'm afraid, will probably have the effect of re-routing
postings from att.net to manual moderator approval (I will of course approve
them, but there is simply too much spam from att.net for it to be a safe domain
for postings). I don't think that there currently is anybody from ms.uu.net
subscribed, but a few people using those dialups might be affected.

I would appreciate if you raised the awareness of the seriousness of this
incident by abuse by forwarding the "Great Rates" mail with FULL headers to
abuse@digex.net and abuse@ms.uu.net, along with a complaint.

Please do *not* send complaints to me. I will read them, but not answer them in
general. The list iks set to moderated for the next 24 hours and all
correspondence relating to this matter will probably be rejected. An exception
to this is if somebody should find a reliably valid phone number (no
speculations, please) for the sender of the spam.

>Lifestyles Media
>2553 N. Atlantic Avenue
>Suite 139
>Daytona Beach, FL 32118

Oh yes, if you life in the neighborhood, consider throwing a rock through their
windows, but don't tell anybody I said that.

Matthias

-----
  "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The
   courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to hide the bodies
   of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off"