Re: [MacPerl] AppleEvents from Perl vs. Perl from Frontier?

NOTICE: Parts of the following message were brought to you by greg wuttke, the letter "A", and the number "4".

> I have probably used AppleEvents from MacPerl as much as almost anyone,
> and I definitely like it as an alternative to AppleScript.  The big
> drawbacks are (1) figuring out exactly how to do the Apple Events (the
> cookbook is a big help here) and (2) figuring out how to call what Apple
> Events for which app.  I use a combination of Frontier's ae table, the
> AppleScript Dictionary info, and the documentation for the app.

Given that MacPerl can read resources, it might be worthwhile to create a
droplet that grabs the AETE resource from an application and uses it to
create a .pm "glue" file for perl.

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley                 | Hey, New York,
Ph.D. in progress                 |  Please restore Georgia's state flag
Georgia Tech Electric Power       | to its rightful place in your
email: schooley@ece.gatech.edu    | capitol building.
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/