[MacPerl] Mailing List Administrativa

As a short term fix against the spam attacks, we now have installed the latest
version of Majordomo, which allows to filter out suspect messages and sends
them to me for manual approval. The list of suspects contains mass email
software like Floodgate and WorldMerge, which shouldn't inconvenience any of
you.

It also contains spam havens like AT&T WorldNet (which is said to be rather
strict on its own clients, but allows its SMTP servers to be used to forward
a majority of all e-mail spam that reaches my mailbox) and the MS.UU.NET
dialups. This *will* probably inconvenience some of you, in that your postings
will be delayed for a few hours.

I've also moved the unsubscribe information to the footer of the message. So
far, it seemed to have been moderately successful, but maybe a bit too
obnoxious

With these changes, I hope we can return to MacPerl discussion, and I'd like
to wish you a happy easter.

Matthias

PS: Bill Hazelrig has pointed out that the address I gave for complaining
    about ms.uu.net is invalid, and that fraud@uu.net is the correct place
    for forwarding the message (with full headers) to.

-----
   "Three days later he returns.  He pushes the stone slab covering his
    tomb to the side and steps out into the sunlight. He looks down and
    sees his shadow, then grimaces as he is transfixed by the spear-sized
    bolt from a ballista, fired by an off-duty centurion who mistook him
    for a groundhog." -- Charles L. Tenney in <26otv8$t3n@samba.oit.unc.edu>