[MacPerl] MacPerl Counter

Hi Again,

I am interested in building a counter in perl.  I have the source to one
I've been using on unix, but it uses utilities to convert a bitmap
to a giff to be returned as the result of the execution of the script.

I wonder if anyone has created something like this for the MacPerl environment?

I would prefer something that is standalone, rather that something that
starts photoshop (for example) to convert the image.  Although I would not rule
some public domain approach like this that is fast.

I know that netprez has a built in counter, but again I want to be some what
independent of the server too.  After all if it can't be done in macperl
why would we be interested??

wls