Re: [MacPerl] Using the Resource Mangler from MacPerl

"Paul J. Schinder" <schinder@pjstoaster.pg.md.us>
>Which brings up a question I've been hunting for an answer for for about a
>week.  Eryq has released an alpha of Convert::BinHex, and I'd like to turn
>it into a real de-Binhexer for MacPerl.

Same idea occurred to me (and Eryq would like the idea). I'd appreciate if you
did that.

> I know what to do with the data fork, but what do I do with the resource
> fork?  Is there a tricky way to lay down the decoded resource fork

Anticipating this question (and reacting to a simpler request from Peter
Lewis, I recently introduced the O_RSRC flag into the Fcntl module. Specifying
O_RSRC for POSIX::open opens the resource fork.

Matthias

-----
           "What Java revolution?"   -- Bjarne Stroustrup