Re: [MacPerl] perl->c supporting Mac extensions? (fwd)

At 15.58 97/4/3, Mark Manning/Metrica wrote:
>I can see a couple of reasons why someone would want to be
>able to hide the code.  The first is security, the second
>is to prevent thief.

To recite the Perl guru mantra: keep secure data separate from your
program.  And, to the latter, what is so valuable that you don't want it
stolen?  Seriously.  Is anything you've written more valuable than what
you've received for free, even apart from perl itself?

I know that any code I deem valuable enough that someone might be desperate
enough to steal for it is worth giving away for free use so that others
might learn from it, as I have learned in the past.

But, I suppose, to each his own.

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6