Re: [MacPerl] victim of background copying?

Bart Lateur <bart.mediamind@tornado.be> writes:
}Danny Thomas wrote:
}
}> Hello, I'm writing a simple MacPerl script to move/copy files around and
}> thought I'd get Finder to do the actual work ...
}
}> PPS the cc to the MacPerl list is in case there's an existing module to do
}> this, but Mac::Files doesn't seem to fit the bill.
}
}Actually, it's in Mac::MoreFiles. Ouch, poor naming, Matthias! ;) I only
}stumbled across this when I did a "grep" from within BBEdit on the
}MacPerl folder.
}
}I try to get both FSpFileCopy and FSpDirectoryCopy to work, because I
}want to be able to copy folders as well. However, it dies, mumbling
}something about "Usage".
}
}I think stumbling block is PREFLIGHT. I have absolutely no idea what
}this parameter is for.

One way is to just use File::Copy.   Not only is that portable to other
platforms, but Matthias has it internally use FSpFileCopy to do the job
with all the right parameters filled in.

The second way is to go to <http://17.126.23.20/dev/insidemac.shtml> where
you'll find the online edition of Inside Macintosh, available for
downloading in both HTML and .pdf format.  That will no doubt tell you
about FSpFileCopy in detail, although you'll have to hunt around to find
the information (I couldn't find it just now).

}
}Help?
}--
}		Bart Lateur