Re: [MacPerl] Raster Data

At 14.07 97/4/16, Joe Miller wrote:
>I'm just learning Perl now and wanted to know if anyone out there has used it
>to analyze raster data sets (like digital gridded land cover data)?  I've seen
>PDL described in the Perl journal, but was curious if anyone has done
>anything
>with land cover either in Perl or PDL.

This is not really a MacPerl question. However, asking if anyone has been
able to use PDL with MacPerl is perfectly valid for this list.  Since PDL
is a Perl extension and not a module, you would have a tough time using it
with MacPerl.

I suggest the perldl mailing list/web site cited in the aforementioned TPJ
article:

        perdl-request@jach.hawaii.edu
        http://www.aao.gov.au/local/www/kgb/perldl/