[MacPerl] ePerl or similar on Mac?

Possibly some of you have seen the following on comp.lang.perl.misc:

  ePerl -- Embedded Perl 5 Language

  <URL:http://www.engelschall.com/sw/eperl/>

  ePerl interprets an ASCII file bristled with Perl 5 program statements
  by evaluating the Perl 5 code while passing through the plain ASCII
  data. It can operate both as a standard Unix filter for general file
  generation tasks and as a powerful Webserver scripting language for
  dynamic HTML page programming.

  Copyright (c) 1996-1997 Ralf S. Engelschall, All rights reserved.

  Implementation:  - ANSI C

  Requirements:    - underlaying Unix derivate
                   - ANSI C compiler
                   - installed Perl 5.003 (+EMBED) or 5.003_XX

                   - no charge
                   - GNU General Public License or Artistic License

                   - First public release: March  1996 (1.0)
                   - Last  public release: Januar 1997 (2.0.3)
                   - stable

I had a short look at the code and got the impression that it would not
be easily  ported to the Mac. Have similar tools been ported to the
Mac? Or would it be easier to port than I think?

Michael