Re: [MacPerl] Writing variables to output files.

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Lars Brown wrote:

> I'm trying to get perl to write an output file which should include variable
> input.  The output statement should look like this:
>
> Simple text simple text simple text simple text VARIABLE VALUE
>
> Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's precisely what you are interested in but I wrote
something a while back that takes two files as arguments and does a basic
merge. One file contains a template that is marked up with information as
to what variable goes where, and the second file contains a table
specifying different values for each variable. If it sounds like
something useful, let me know and I'll dig it out, clean it up and send it
over.

Incidentally, it was one of my very first perl progs, so it's terribly
unperlesque. But it works. (I think...)

Reg