Re: [MacPerl] subroutine won't fly

[This is not a MacPerl question, btw, but I'll answer this time]

ygor@frankenstein.com (Johnny) writes:
>the following bit of code (from pages 66-67 of the O'Reilly "CGI
>Programming" book won't fly on MacPerl or on my server. i keep getting the
>message that it:
>
> can't find End_of_File before EOF.

Even though code printed in books may look indented, tags like End_of_File
*must* start at the beginning of the line, i.e.

print <<ENDOFITALL;
ENDOFITALL

Matthias

-----
 ``A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees
   the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.''
                      -- Roger M. Firestone