Re: [MacPerl] Recognizing Unix Line Breaks

Juergen Christoffel <Mac.Christoffel@gmd.de> writes:
>At 12:51 +0200 05.05.97, Lasse Hillero/e Petersen wrote:
>
>>Anyway, an option simply to use \n as \012 and \r as \015 in MacPerl would
>>be very nice IMHO.
>
>A command line option would be ok. But I would very much prefer that perl
>offered a \s or some such (s as in separator or slash -- cf. $/ -- for the
>os-depended line break) instead and that ports would leave \r and \n
>untouched.

Oh, I'll be prepared to make either of these changes if you force my cold, dead
fingers to the keyboard of my Mac :-)

(Actually, I have no philosophical objections against Lasse's proposal but the
effort to implement it is prohibitive. Juergen's proposal is simple to
implement, but I'm totally opposed to it.)

Matthias

-----
  "Johannes Scotus Eriugena, the greatest European philosopher of the 9th
   century, said that if reason and authority conflict, reason should be
   given preference. And if that doesn't sound reasonable to you, you'll
   just have to accept it..."