Re: [MacPerl] Howto import modules ...

Hello

Matthias wrote:
>Hi Michael, had a nice holiday?

Too short :-/

>ziege@ito.umnw.ethz.ch writes:
>>Is there a
>>way to include these libraries as resources into the runtime version as
>>well? Any suggestions?
>
>Currently, there is no such way, as MacPerl does an explicit search for the
>library and then loads it with GetDiskFragment, if my memory serves
>me. However, there is no inherent reason why MacPerl couldn't search its own
>data or resource fork for the fragment first; I can probably implement that
>quickly. So your job would be to merge the libraries into either the data or
>resource fork.
>
>The data fork would have the advantage that virtual memory works better, so I
>tend to favor that solution. OTOH, the resource fork would probably work
>easier
>for you. What do you prefer?

Considering that the MacPerl binary and the standard libraries already
reside in the data fork of a runtime, it would probably make sense to
include them there as well. Also, MacPerl could still use GetDiskFragment,
which searches in the file's data fork. Then my question would be: Can I
transfer the contents of a library just with file I/O and append it to the
contents of the standalone and where exactly will MacPerl search for the
library?

Michael

Michael Ziege
Sallenbachstr. 11