Re: [MacPerl] sendmail? Any Examples?

Chris Nandor wrote:

> At 2.55 97/6/9, Kevin Furuta wrote:
> >I need to have my script send an email response, using Macperl, but I
> >cannot seem to find a way that DOES NOT go through the sendmail command.
> >
> >Is there a way to do this or is send mail useable in a mac environment?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Kevin
>
>         http://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/MacPerl.html
>
> Get Paul's port of libwww-perl.
>
> --
> Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com

I would like to see an example of a MacPerl script which will take input
from a HTML form and send the parsed contents on to a particular Email
address.

So far the only success I've had getting anything like this to work is
with "Email.cgi" (obtained from
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/staff/morgan/email-cgi.html ), but this is an
AppleScript-based CGI script. Currently I am using a MacHTTP server, but
eventually I want scripts that will run on a non-Mac server.

I understand I should be able to do what I want with libnet and the
associated programs.  Thus I have downloaded libwww-perl-5.08.sit.hqx,
libnet-1.05_02.sit.hqx, Data-Dumper-2.07.tar.gz, and
MailTools-1.09.sit.hqx from

   gopher://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/11/MacPerl/Scripts

However, to know how to use these packages with MacPerl to do what I
want, I really need to see some good examples.  I'm not sure what
library programs I need to use in my script and, in general, how to
replace the '/usr/lib/sendmail' text in some Perl (not MacPerl) scripts
I have available.  See, for example,

   http://www.netscapeworld.com/nw-05-1997/nw-05-perl.html

While I have considerable programming experience in other languages, I
am new to Perl.

I'd appreciate examples of MacPerl scripts that do what I want, or
references to sites where they might be available.

Thanks for your help!

Susan Piepho