[MacPerl] MacPerl/Webstar CGI-script occasionally freezes (fwd)

According to Vlad Ionesco:

> It runs on a PowerPC xxxx with MacPerl 5.1.3r2 and WebStar 2.0.2. It works
> perfectly well most of the time, but sometimes Netscape 3.0 Gold tells me
> that the 'document contains no data'. It turns out that the script has
> 'frozen', i.e. it refuses to run anmymore. I have to kill it and restart
> it. It ran ok on my computer, when I was the only user.

Under Perl4 I ran into a similar kind of problem.  It
turned out to be some I/O buffer was not being closed or
some such.  Probably my fault entirely.  However, to
circumvent this problem I started using the

	&MacPerl::Quit( 2 );

which terminated MacPerl after every routine was called.
Never had the problem again.  :-)  But someone will
probably say that's like killing the horse because it needs
a shoe.  Oh well - what can I say?  It got rid of the
problem at the time (and this was before getting on the
list BTW).  Which was what counted to me.  :-)