[MacPerl] Another step in the Glue...

Well, I worked out that I need to send a binary file (the gif) back to
WebStar. How do I do THAT? I pretty much need to print a binary. Can I use
a pipe | to pipe it straight to print from open, or put it into a variable
and then print it (which so far hasn't worked)?

#!perl
# takes input: http://www.clarityconnect.com/counter.count$cci/clarityconnect
print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\nContent-type: image/gif\n\n";
open HANDLE, "</gifs/gifone.gif";
binmode HANDLE;
$gif = HANDLE;
close HANDLE;
print $gif;
print "\n";

This is what I've got so far, and it doesn't work.
I truely hope I haven't done something stupid like set the gif to output,
rather than input.

Thanks,
Seraph