Re: [MacPerl] empty %ENV

mark@cheers.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Manning/Muniz Eng.):
> The environment
>variables never show up until you just start using them.

Thanks for the prompt help.

I must say though, that is a major gotcha. Not a complaint (go get your
Ph.D, Matthias) but just an observation. Some of the scripts out there,
including Sandra Silcot's libraries (1995), try to list %ENV in the normal
fashion. So is this an aberration with later versions of MacPerl?

I guess what I'm saying is that this really ought to be in a FAQ somewhere
(I'd be happy to help write docs, esp. if it meant understanding Perl more).

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar    njk@odyssee.net    http://www.odyssee.net/~njk/