[MacPerl] Using resources in a runtime script

Hi there,

I'm a returning list member, and I have a question...

I've been writing lots of cgi scripts in perl over the last two years,
and I've got an idea for a small application I'd like to write that I
think I can do as a MacPerl runtime. The question that I have relates to
using mac resources for such a project. I'd like the runtime to create a
few windows for simple data input, and I'd like the thing to look as far
from a perl script as possible. No offense, I like raw scripts as much
as the next guy, but I'd like non-scripters to be able to use this app.

I've never seen a perl runtime that does any kind of resource
manipulation, so I'm not sure how to do it. Is there any kind souls out
there who could email me a sample of how to create a window in perl, use
it, get data from it when the user hits "OK", and the like? If there's a
tutorial available, even better. I'm a quick learner, but I've never
even seen a script like this before...

And one more question:

I downloaded the latest version of MacPerl from CPAN, and I'd like to
use the MacPerl.pm module. Unfortunately, every time I have a script
which says require MacPerl, the script gives me an error on line 13 of
the module, "bootstrap MacPerl;", and I can't get beyond that. But the
module used to work for me in other scripts I've written. Sorry if this
is a basic question, I just can't seem to find very many pointers on the
web.

Thanks for your time,
Troy

PS - If I decided to distribute an app written in perl, what is the best
way to give credit to the perl team? Obviously Larry Wall and Matthias,
but are there other people I should accredit? - Thanks - TD