Re: [MacPerl] Final step (?)

[stuff deleted]

>Now, I have not been able yet to get a consistent count of file size,
>between Thomas' last version and this version and the Finder's Get Info.
>So substiute your favorite method in $wanted.
>
>FYI:
>        Thomas' version  : 1,466,592
>        This version     : 1,446,719
>        Finder's Get Info: 1,445,265
>
>--
>Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
[stuff deleted]

Aha! Found it:

If you want to get the *exact* same size as the Finder,
add this line before the stat line:
		next if($fileList[$i] =~ /icon\n/i);

What's going on is the Finder is *skipping* custom icon files,
and not adding them to the size. IMO this is a Finder bug.

I can't think of anything to explain Chris' discrepancies.

Also, change:
		if (-d _) {
to:
		if (-d _ && ! -l $fil) {

(The -l complained that the target of the '_' was not the
result of an lstat, so use the file name, but don't do it unless
we already know we're talking about a directory.)

Tom Kimpton
--
Mrs. Bun: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got