Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl::SetFileInfo Help (fwd)

According to Chris Nandor:
> At 13.24 7/2/97, D. Beverly wrote:
> >I agree.  I have lots of scripts that create new files, which I don't
> >want as MPW files, but the SetFileInfo call doesn't always work.  Now at
> >least I know why, and what to do about it, but this "feature" should be
> >explained in the docs.
>
> How do you know it didn't work every time?  Forgive me if you are positive
> you are correct; but just because the Finder says it didn't work, that does
> not mean it didn't work.

Chris is right.  My information may be out of date (ie:What
if this was true under 7.1 or 7.2 or 7.5 and it was fixed
in 7.6 or 7.5.3 or whatever).  Let Matthias have a chance
to talk with someone at Apple to find out the current
deal.  If it's still true, then go with it.  Heck - it
really isn't a bad idea to ensure the file has been created
before you begin trying to change any of the resources
anyway.

This is not to mention that there can be other factors
involved in what you are doing which could be causing
this.