[MacPerl] Reading/Sending Cookies to HTML Browsers w/Macperl

Ok, so this isn't exactly a MacPerl question, but since there have
been a lot of HTML and CGI-BIN related questions here lately, I'm
hoping that someone on this list can point me to the right place to
find information on writing my own MacPerl/Perl routines to send my
own cookies to users running various browsers.

I need to implement something that will let me validate users via
my web server and track http connections to various links over a
period of a few hours so that I don't have to re-verify users on each
form they use.  Yes! I know I can use hidden input values, but it is
not always possible or practical to run every link through a cgi
script to insure that each connection re-passes the validations info,
and I can't use the .htaccess method of validations since I need to
time-out users who haven't made an access for more than 20 or 30
minutes (since someone else may be using their PC or workstation after
such a long break).

A cookie which I send to the browser, and retrieve via the cgi-bin
script which does the work for each transaction, comparing time-stamp
info plus other application specific info seem to be the best idea.
NEWS/WEB-based searches for HTML/HTTP/COOKIES as keywords I don't
expect to be useful with the thousands of references they'll dig up
which have nothing to do with programming cookies seems like a big
waste of time.  So, I'm open to other suggestions, such as searches
on RFC #'s for the use of said same cookies.

A MacPerl script which generates/sends/reads such cookies would be a
wonderful windfall in my search, but I don't expect that.  Any help
or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Carl

Carl A Baltrunas <carl@1unique.com> and Cherie Marinelli <2bunnies@1unique.com>
Catalyst Industries: The One-Stop Internet registration and distribution service
-owned by EWBR & EWBR-ette [our bunnies] Czazu [our dog] & Avatar [our lovebird]