Re: MacTCP vs OT (was) [MacPerl] calling Perl script from applescript (fwd)

[We're starting to stray a bit from MacPerl again]
Randy Bradley <bradley@aux.marc.usda.gov> writes:
>  Just my $.02, I really like OT!

So do I. OT/PPP configuration worked just wonderfully.

>I havn't done much with OT <--> PERL yet however.

MacPerl accesses OT via the MacTCP compatibility interface. This seems to work
OK so far.

Mark wrote:
>>I'm still using MacTCP instead of OT on my PPC.  MacPerl
>>uses it correctly (although MacTCP doesn't always connect
>>now for some reason) but is OT easier/better/the way of the
>>future and should I change over to it?  (Not that I want to
>>start up any kind of a war here.  Just looking for opinions.)

The performance and interface are good. OT as an implementation looks good
enough to switch. OT as an API, however, does not have much of a future,
as far as I know. Rhapsody will presumably have sockets.

Matthias

-----
   "I really don't want the SNMP agent controlling my toilet to tell
    someone when/where I'm using it." -- Sean Graham