[MacPerl] Standalone problems

I've copied all of the .pm's I need for using Socket.pm (carp, autoloader,
exporter, dynaloader, and socket) into the TEXT resource of my file, and
named them all correctly, and case-correct. Now that I've done this, I'm
getting this message:

# Can't locate Socket.pm in @INC.
File 'Strider:Desktop Folder:Sendmail.appl'; Line 2
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'Strider:Desktop Folder:Sendmail.appl'; Line 2
# Unbalanced scopes: 1 more ENTERs than LEAVEs
# Unbalanced saves: 93 more saves than restores

even though I've got "require "Socket.pm"; use Socket;" at the beginning of
the file. Anyone know what's wrong?

-Seraph