[MacPerl] Re: MacPerl futures (was MacTCP vs OT)

At 01:26 PM 7/15/97 -0500, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>Ok, if the new OS is going to sockets, how would this
>affect MacPerl?  I remember reading that under the new OS
>MacPerl might be a thing of the past.  This would (to me)
>be a shame.  But if MacPerl is sticking around, would this
>entail a major re-write?  Or is it simpler to maintain
>because of the new OS being a flavor of Unix?  (Just
>wondering and trying to move this more back towards the
>MacPerl list.  :-) )

Well, since Perl can presumably compile natively on Rhapsody (assuming they
leave the UNIX command line accessible somehow), you really wouldn't have
any reason to *want* to run MacPerl (no offense Matthias).

MacPerl maintenance would strictly need to be maintained for MacOS.
However, after a period of time, most of your Perl guru's would likely be
running Rhapsody.

But hey, what do I know?  (Answer:  nothing)

Wade
Wade Williams                      "And the trees are all kept equal by
Systems Engineer                    hatchet, axe, and saw."
Cisco Systems, Inc.                       - N. Peart
Brentwood, TN
615-221-2918
wwilliam@cisco.com