Re: [MacPerl] seeing 'my' variables in the debugger

Alex Hooper <alex@hipps.demon.co.uk> writes:
}Hi,
}
}I'm having trouble seeing variables declared with 'my' in the debugger
}
}eg:  my $categ = @_[1];
}
}when I try "X categ" in the debugger, it doesn't show it.
}
}What am I missing? (...apart from the obvious jokes...)

After fooling around a little in 5.00401 on my Sun, it seems that what
you're missing is that lexicals don't show up when X'ed.  At least they
don't seem to under Unix or Mac Perl.  Change the "my $categ" to
"local($categ)" and you'll see categ with "X".  You can still print $categ
using "p" even when it's "my"'ed.

}
}cheers,
}alex
}
}-------------------------------------------------------------
}LX Solutions: Web System Development and Programming
}              HTML, JavaScript, Perl, Java, Visual Design
}
}** Email: oops@cryogen.com         **
}** Web:   http://www.wldcup.com/   **
}