Re: [MacPerl] DBM Not Found

>Matthias Neeracher   <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> writes:
>dbmopen in Perl5, as opposed to Perl4, needs a valid library directory to be
>set up (so it finds AnyDBM.pm and DB_File.pm).

I need to understand more about specifying libraries for
runtime applications. This is what I tried. It did not work
and I would like to know if there is something different that
I should be doing.

I opened MacPerl (5.1.3r2) and then opened the script.
I used EDIT:PREFERENCES:LIBRARIES and specified
Macintosh HD:MacPerl:MacPerl Ä:lib as the first library
and Macintosh HD:MacPerl:UserLib as the second library.
I then saved the script as a runtime application in
Macintosh HD:Scripts:AutoQuote.

I then exited MacPerl and went to the AutoQuote folder
where the runtime app was saved. I double clicked on the
runtime app and got the "# No dbm found on this machine"
message. I closed the window with the error message, leaving
the MacPerl menu bar from the Runtime app open. I selected
EDIT:PREFERENCES:LIBRARIES and the first library appeared as
Macintosh HD:Scripts:AutoQuote:lib. The second entry was still
Macintosh HD:MacPerl:UserLib.

I tried various combinations of changing the libraries,
making MacPerl Ä:lib second, adding another reference to
MacPerl Ä:lib, etc. but after saving the runtime app and
running it by double clicking on the app (as opposed to running
the script from within MacPerl which always works), it fails
and checking the library list always shows the library has
changed.

I assume there is something that maintains the library name
relative to the MacPerl app and so moving the runtime app
to a different folder causes the relative library reference
to look in the folder that contains the runtime app rather
than going to the absolute path to the MacPerl folder.

Does any of this make sense to anyone and is there a way to
specify an absolute library path to a folder that is within
the MacPerl Ä folder?

If there is a pod file or other source that I should be
looking in, please let me know but I could not find anything
that clarified any of this for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Weaver